The Property Alert Service is an award winning free property monitoring service aimed at protecting owners or occupiers of a registered property who could be at risk from fraud. Once you have signed up to the service, you will receive email alerts when certain activity occurs on your monitored properties, allowing you to take action if necessary.
Why should you do this?
- To prevent fraudulent sales/charges or leases being registered without your knowledge
- To receive notification of any changes to connected titles e.g. your landlord’s title
- This is especially important if you own a property but do not live in it as you will be made aware of unauthorised activity
What you need to do
- The property you want to monitor must be situated in England or Wales and registered with HM Land Registry.
- You will need to create an account if you are new to the service.
- You will then receive an email from the land registry to enable you to verify your email details.
- You must then sign in to your account to add a property.
- Email alerts are sent when official searches and applications are received against a monitored property, such as an application for sale or any other dealings with the property.
- If you receive an alert about activity that seems suspicious you should take immediate action. If you are concerned that the activity is suspicious we would advise you to contact your legal adviser immediately.
- You don't have to own a property to set up an alert, the same property can be monitored by different people.
- Property, especially flats/apartments, can be registered with two titles. When registering for this service you should make sure you chose the correct title.
- You can use the service if you are not online by calling the Property Alert team on 0300 006 0478.
- For more information visit https://propertyalert.landregistry.gov.uk/ or email the Land Registry at email@example.com
If you would like more information about this service, how you might benefit from this service or if you are concerned about a property alert you receive, please do not hesitate to contact Alison Turner, Head of Commercial Property, on 01302 965251 (Doncaster) or 0114 272 1884 (Sheffield) or alternatively you can email on firstname.lastname@example.org