Trusts Assistant / Administrator / Paralegal
Please note: This job is Full time (Part time may be considered)
Taylor Bracewell is recruiting for someone who specialises in Tax and Trust administration.
We are happy to consider an Assistant, Administrator or Paralegal who has experience in this area.
Previous experience in this area is preferred. However, this role may be of interest to an experienced private client lawyer who has not previously specialised in the area of trusts but has a keen interest in doing so.
The role requires you to take over a case load of ongoing trusts and deal with the day-to-day management of these. In addition, you will be required to deal with the registration of trusts with HMRC and deal with basic tax administration and liaise with Accountants for more complex tax matters where necessary. You will provide trust administration advice to clients and support to the other Fee Earners in our Private Client department.
- Undertake fee earning work
- Dealing with all AML requirements for these files
- Preparing all initial regulatory documentation for new trusts and other private client work
- Registering trusts and estates with HMRC and ensuring all compliance in relation to trusts is up to date
- Preparation of annual Trust Accounts and submission of these to the trustees for approval
- Prepare Trust Tax returns and Estates Tax returns
- Online submission of tax returns and providing information to beneficiaries for income tax purposes
- Dealing with distribution of income and capital from trusts
- Liaising with trustees, beneficiaries, accountants, banks, advisers and brokers
- Preparing trust deeds
- All general trust administration and formation work
Qualifications - any of the following:
- CILEX Level 3, Institute of Paralegal membership, ATT or STEP
- Legal background with specific experience in trust and estate administration and knowledge of the law involved
- Previous experience of preparing trust accounts
- Enthusiastic, committed and hard working
- Good organisational skills and attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal, social and communication skills
- Ability to work effectively both individually and as part of a team
What we can offer you:
- A competitive salary
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Healthcare (after probation period of 3 months)
- Contributory pension scheme (5% from employer, 3% from employee)
- Life assurance - 3 x annual salary
How to apply:
For an Application Form or for a strictly confidential discussion about any of these positions, please contact our Practice Manager, Clare Ashby on 01302 640415 or via email firstname.lastname@example.org.